Eighth Avenue Place has been awarded LEED® Platinum Core and Shell certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system, making Eighth Avenue Place the first office tower of its kind in Canada. There are only 2 other commercial properties in North America that can boast this landmark certification.
So how did we do it?
- The core and shell designation covers base building elements such as structure, envelope and air distribution
- Installation of a state-of-the-art building management and control system to monitor and manage energy consumption and tenant comfort requests
- Reliance on outside air (at certain temperatures) to cool the building
- 40% reduction in water use through efficient plumbing fixtures
- The addition of an indoor 300-stall bicycle parking room with adjacent showers
- 50% landfill diversion of construction waste including that from the demolition of the previous buildings
- Use of low-emitting paints, adhesives and sealants
- Proactive recycling and waste management program
- Use of environmentally sensitive refrigerants
- Canada’s largest green roof at 30,000 sq ft
It is a top priority of the management, owners and all stakeholders of Eighth Avenue Place to raise the bar in sustainability and energy resource management, while offering tenants the best office space in the Calgary market.
Copyright © 2008 - 2017 EIGHTH AVENUE PLACE . All rights reserved.